MTA products are one of those life-savers that are always good to have around the office. Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received Avalon Biomed NeoMTA 2 (NuSmile). Talk about a product that can be a life-saver. This product is extremely versatile and can be used for both the routine procedures, such as a sealer for endo, or for your stressful procedures, such as repairing a perforation or covering a direct pulp exposure.
According to the manufacturer, this product is a tricalcium and dicalcium silicate root and pulp treatment material:
- Powder & Gel system
- Prevents discoloration from medicaments or exposure to light in primary or permanent teeth
- Bioactive bioceramic
- Easier to mix
- 30% higher radiopacity
- Bioactive bioceramic forms hydroxyapatite on its surface to support healing
- Brighter white for visibility
- Immediately wash-out resistant
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– You can use this material for just about anything pulpal!
– Mixes quickly and easily.
– Some of newer offices did not have a glass slab and had to order one.
– The droplets in the gel were a little bubbly making for some inconsistency in mixes. Will offices find the same thing?
– Having to hand mix in an age of automix seems inconvenient, but it allows for the extreme versatility of this material… what will the evaluators think? We can’t wait to find out!
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for our clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!