We all have those patients… the ones with the oversized tongue, hyper-producing salivary glands, and tiny openings that need a crown on #18. They are usually the nicest people in your practice too, so you feel bad that you dread to see them on the schedule for the crown seat appointment, but you and your assistant are still recovering from the battle you fought during the prep. There is no way you can keep the prep dry for an adhesive cement, so you want something user friendly and moisture tolerant… enter Bifix SE Cement.
Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received Bifix SE Cement (VOCO). According to the manufacturer, this dual-cured, universal, self-adhesive resin cement is versatile, has minimal steps, low solubility, and is moisture tolerant. Additionally:
- Easy to use. Gel-phase cleanup, no refrigeration, no hand mixing or trituration required
- High bond strength and mechanical strength without an adhesive
- Optional light cure mode
- Compatibility with common materials such as Ceramic and Zirconia, CAD/CAM materials, PFMs and metal restorations
- Efficient self-cure mode sets up completely without any light
- Low 10 μ film thickness cuts down on adjustment time
- Radiopaque for excellent identification under x-ray
- Endo-tips for easy root canal access in every pack
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– Easy cementing without bonding, primer or etchant is always a bonus.
– The syringes are kind of small but the universal tips are nice.
– Slightly higher viscosity than other dual-cured, universal, self-adhesive resin cements we have evaluated.
– Nice, easy shade selection: Translucent (T), White Opaque (WO) and Universal (U).
– The low solubility is a big plus to hopefully show good long term stability, we can’t wait to evaluate it to find out!
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for our clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!