DycloPro from Septodont is a topical anesthetic that is unique in that it is an oral rinse. It is indicated to be used to reduce gag reflex in positioning digital x-ray sensors or films and when taking impressions. It can also be used for prophylaxis and scaling and root planing. DycloPro is available in 1 fl.oz. (30mL) bottles. DycloPro claims to achieve satisfactory anesthesia with just 4 to 20 mL of rinse.
- My patient confirmed that it didn’t interfere with his swallowing.
- This made such a difference that a patient who had avoided the dentist for over 10 years has started coming back for continued treatment.
- Would be great if it came in different flavors.
- After swishing, my entire mouth was numb for a number of hours.
- I had my patient sit forward to avoid numbing the back of his throat.
Keep an eye out for this product in an upcoming issue of DENTAL ADVISOR!