When I look through the supplies catalog, I rarely get as excited about HVE tips as I did when I saw these. An average dental office goes through SO many disposables it is insanity. Anything that makes us a little more Eco-friendly is exciting… even though we are probably going to throw them away in a plastic bag, but let’s ignore that little detail for now.
Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received ECO-TIPS (Practicon). These Eco-friendly HVE tips are made of renewable, sustainable paper. They are coated with a food-grade coating that, according to the manufacturers, virtually eliminates moisture absorption and fraying of the paper. They are not new to the market, but in this time of awareness of how plastics affect sea life, and cities across the country making laws to minimize environmental impacts, this is a great time to re-address them. Also, they are available in 7 different fun patterns.
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team?
– One of our Editorial Board members that is an assistant instantly wanted to know how to order these. They are a great idea!
– Come with vent holes (which as a past assistant, I personally love).
– We noticed that they are a little shorter than your standard HVE tip, but still seem long enough to work well.
– After playing with these for a while we did notice some slight fraying of the tips in the end that goes into the HVE line (image above).
– Wonder if there will be any buildup issues in the HVE line from paper?
– Seemed to hold up very well to water.
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for a possible clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!