We recently received a level 1 reusable barrier protection gown made from Milliken Medical Barrier Fabrics (Milliken Textiles). These gowns are made in the USA and available in three different levels of fluid resistance (levels 1-3) meeting ANSI/AAMI PB70 standards.
What are the thoughts of the Dental Advisor Initial Insights Team?
- Great coverage. Even when sitting down the gown goes down mid-shin length (shown above – operator shown is 5’9″).
- Only available in one size (one size fits most) that would be quite large on smaller frames.
- Open back adds breath-ability.
- Very comfortable, sturdy cloth material that is washable and reusable.
- Would like cloth cuffs rather than elastic for added coverage, but arm length allowed for coverage.
- Heavy duty material, but might get hot after a long day.
Keep an eye out to see this product in a coming issue of The Dental Advisor!