As a right handed operator, I never look forward to seeing the dreaded #15B or even worse… #16B! When I walk in the room, my assistant has every kind of cheek retraction device humanly possible laid out in a row on the top of the mobile cart and is pumping blood into her arm, preparing to battle the cheek. The mirror just cannot ever seem to retract enough; especially when the cheek just flops around the mirror handle.
We recently received the Mirror Buddy (Master Dental Inc.) here at the Dental Advisor. We love these kind of products. A dentist who deals with our challenges day in and day out invented a great solution! According to the manufacturer Mirror Buddy is “An autoclavable mirror cushion redefined”. The Mirror Buddy is made of highly transparent silicone that allows you improved viewing and access to the the mouth. Designed for maximum comfort for your patients.
- Highly transparent medical grade silicone
- Provides improved viewing area
- Allows improved access to the mouth
- Gentle on oral commissures when retracted
- Fits standard size cone docket dental mirrors
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– When I put this in the hands of one of Dr. Bunek’s hygienists she would not give it up! She kept calling everyone over to see how well she could retract the cheek with it.
– Extends your retraction area when dealing with a large tongue as well as cheeks.
– Very comfortable to our patient.
– A little tricky to get on the mirror handle at first, but the nice part is that it is autoclavable, so you do not have to take it off.
– We wonder how long the silicone will be able to last after repeated autoclaving.
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for a possible clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!