Have you ever read the cleaning instructions for your dental chair? Many of them say to clean the chair with soap and water and do not use anything harsh. Obviously, we need to disinfect our chairs between patient use so we do end up using those harsh chemicals on them. Surface disinfectants with high alcohol content can be very drying on the upholstery as well. This can leave them looking dull and wearing down sooner than we would like… enter Protecall Upholstery Cleaner Wipes.
Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received Protectall Upholstery Cleaner Wipes (Palmero Healthcare). These wipes are designed to protect and clean your dental chairs and other upholstery surfaces. According to the manufacturer these wipes:
- Contain an advanced water-based silicone formula
- Safely protect, clean, and restore leather, vinyl, plastic, and rubber upholstery surfaces like x-ray aprons and dental unit chairs
- Recommended for periodic use after disinfecting upholstery surface with surface disinfectant
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– We took these wipes into our basement and put them to the test on an old chair (image above). We cleaned the entire chair with surface disinfectant and then did half of the chair with the Protectall Wipes. We returned the next day for photos. Yes… for the photo’s sake it was lightly re-wiped and slightly moist (the lighting down there is not ideal for photography) but we were actually surprised to see a VERY noticeable difference after the first wipe!
– We wonder if it leaves any kind of residue on the chairs? Are white capris safe? We want to evaluate them to see for ourselves!
– Great idea to protect a critical office investment.
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for a possible clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!