More and more patients are looking for recommendations for natural products. Our patients ask us about a lot of products that, although most don’t seem like they would be harmful, they also don’t seem to have any benefits. As clinicians, we want to recommend products that will have as many additional benefits as possible, such as remineralization.
Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received RiseWell natural oral healthcare products (RiseWell). These natural products were developed by Dentists and do not contain fluoride, parabens, artificial colors, flavors, preservatives, or SLS (Sodium Lauryl Sulfate). Rather, they contain hydroxyapatitie and xylitol. According to the manufacturer:
- Mineral Toothpaste: is made with naturally-derived hydroxyapatite, a mineral that makes up 90% of our tooth enamel and has been shown in studies to strengthen and protect your teeth without fluoride.
- Balancing Mouthwash: is made to work with your oral ecosystem. This naturally alkaline mouthwash inhibits the growth of bad bacteria and leaves your mouth feeling healthy and fresh.
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– Okay… we just have to say that the Cake Batter Flavored Toothpaste tastes amazing!
– We really like the texture of the “Scrubby Floss” could this be good for perio. patients?
– The toothpaste is more of a creamy consistency.
– We love that their company put hydroxyapatite research on their website.
– We read all the science behind their hydroxyapatite claims; however, we would love to see a study showing their particular product has hydroxyapatite uptake into enamel… a future DA lab project?
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for a possible clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!