There are certain procedures that make me thankful for having smaller hands. Trying to hand tighten or loosen healing caps in the posterior is definitely one of them. Even the short hex driver never seems short enough by time I get it straight, put my finger on top to stabilize it and get, what feels like, my entire hand in their mouth to start turning the driver… enter the Stretch Implant Driver.
Here at the Dental Advisor, we recently received the S T R E T C H™ Implant Driver (Master Dental Inc.). According to the manufacturer the S T R E T C H™ Implant Driver allows you to remove and place cover screws and healing abutments in all areas of the mouth safely and with good vision. It is especially useful in the posterior regions of the mouth, allowing you direct vision of the cover screw, abutment screw or healing abutment when placing or removing it. Advantages include:
- Treatment time is greatly reduced
- Quicker than using small hex screw by hand
- Improved visibility
- U-type contra angle attachment
- Remove and place cover screws, healing abutments, and abutment
What were the Initial Insights of the Dental Advisor team and our editorial board?
– We love these kind of simple innovations that make everyday procedures go that much smoother and more predictable.
– Love the thinness of this, maximizing visibility.
– Will you have to stabilize the head for maxillary implants, reducing your visibility? We want to evaluate this product to find out!!
What do our Clinical Evaluators and their patients think about this product once it’s used in their offices? Look for a possible clinical evaluation in an upcoming issue!